TIPS FOR SELLERS ON PREPARING YOUR HOUSE FOR SALE:
FIRST IMPRESSIONS COUNT
The decision to buy a property is so often ruled by the heart – the ‘dream home’ the buyers are aspiring to purchase. It is therefore imperative that your property creates a great first impression so that they can immediately fall in love with it.
Step out of yourself and look at your home from another perspective – as though you were visiting your house for the first time. What do you see?
IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO BEFORE A POTENTIAL BUYER COMES
- PAINT – A new coat of paint gives the house a fresh look. It is important that you choose light, neutral colours. It is a fact that most people prefer neutral colours and it is also easier for those who prefer colours to be able to imagine their preferred colour on a clean neutral coloured wall.
- DE-CLUTTER – Tidy up unnecessary items around the house which creates more space and makes your home look bigger.
- CLEAN – Make sure your house is squeaky clean, especially the bathrooms. Are your curtains clean? Is all furniture clean? Does your house smell fresh? (beware of those with animals – make sure they do not make the house smell)
- REPAIR – Fix all those little things around the house such as dripping taps, cracks in walls, replace light bulbs, straighten paintings, make sure all doors and windows can open and close properly, are the curtains hanging properly?
- ENTRANCE – this is the first thing people see as they walk into your property. Make sure it looks good!
Remember, every little detail counts and contributes towards making your home more valuable. Help buyers imagine themselves living in your home. Doing the above will increase the value of your home and the likelihood of a faster sale.