This colonial style house sits on raised land on 2nd row and faces the north east which ensures the sea breezes flow through the house during the hot season.
Beneath the infinity pool is an ‘Enchanted Garden’ – an ancient coral quarry which is now a panoply of plants, shrubs and trees – an untamed delight. There is a small waterfall area which can be ‘activated’ once you install a pump. One could enjoy the sanctuary for quiet contemplation, healing or spiritual space or children could enjoy their own little ‘Garden of Eden’.
This property is accessed from the main Diani Beach road but is set a few metres in from the road so away from the noise and is only a 400 metre walk to the beach.
- 5 bedrooms: 3 bedrooms upstairs with energy efficient air conditioners; Master bedroom en-suite with bath and large walk-in wardrobe; 2 bedrooms with shared bathroom with bath and shower. Downstairs: 2 bedrooms with shared bathroom. One bedroom faces the front and one towards the back.
- Large, closed in verandahs spanning the length of the house, both on the ground and first floor. There is also a patio at the side overlooking the pool and one at the back of the kitchen overlooking the back garden which could be used as a breakfast area.
- Kitchen with pantry
- Large utility space with laundry area
- Double garage with store
- Staff room with bathroom
- 20 foot Container, fully insulated with power. This could be used as storage or an office.
- Gate house
- Infinity pool 2-6 feet deep (added in 2007)
- Gardens: Beautiful mature trees with an ‘enchanted garden’
- House built in 1994 with concrete blocks so very sturdy
- All doors are mvuli hardwood with built-in metal grills for extra security. The windows have built-in security grills. The floors are tiled inside the house, the verandas are in Terrazzo and the patios are with maji-ya-chumvi.
- The roof is a solid concrete slab with roman tiles to cool the house.
WATER: Mains & rainwater collection. The property utilizes all the roofs for rain water collection and it is also connected to mains water through the Kwale Water Company. Currently water is received four days a week.
Total Water Storage is 198,000 litres consisting of 1 x 186,000L underground tank connected to Kwale Water; a 30,000L underground tank beside the pool which feeds either the pool or the main tank; 3 x 1,500L rainwater catchment tanks that feed into the main tank; 2 x 1.500L tanks on the roof that feeds the house with water pumped up from the main tank.
There are 2 hot water immersion heaters that deliver hot water to the whole house. Solar could be easily installed on the roof.
There is a well but it is not used as water is brakish
Pipes and taps throughout the garden for access to water
POWER: Mains, 3 phase with inverter. Solar panels should be easy to install
INTERNET access good and fibre optic cable access point is available at the gate
The property is ideal for those looking for a ‘forever home’ with plenty of space and storage. The main house could also be converted into 2 apartments – upstairs and downstairs.
Size: 0.446 acres
Price: Euro366,000 (or Ksh49.5M) unfurnished
Call +254 725 341917 or email: email@example.com