This large, spacious and airy 2 bedroom bungalow, of approx. 372 sqm, was built with love and ‘practical living’ consideration. It sits on its own 1 acre walled compound in central Diani with several indigenous trees including 4 baobabs of various sizes.
It is centrally located on the 2nd row within walking distance to the beach, shops, bars and restaurants in central Diani. The house is built in the colonial style of large verandahs and allowing plenty of breeze to flow through. The house is suitable for wheelchair access with ramps and large doors. It is close to the shops but away from the noise of the main road.
The house is 5 years old and all the wooden joinery is made with Mvuli hardwood and there are a couple of old, refurbished swahili doors.
Ideally suited for those who are looking for a home with plenty of space. There is plenty of room on the property to build a couple of cottages in the garden if you would like more accommodation. There is a very easy solution to change a part of it to a 3rd bedroom en-suite.
- 2 ensuite bedrooms, very large and spacious. The master bedroom has a large dressing room and the 2nd bedroom has a dehumidifier room.
- Large, long verandah which spreads the whole length of the house. There is a bar made of an ngalawa and seating area on one end and another couple of seating areas at the other end. The verandah is closed in with grilled security bars so one can sit outside but inside.
- Walk up concrete ramp to main entrance, built for wheelchair access
- Very large and spacious indoor sitting and dining room with a novelty ceiling light made of an ngalawa.
- Very large kitchen with solid concrete terrazzo and pantry/store
- Behind the kitchen is a very large store with a dhobi area leading out onto a back terrace
- All internal doors are either double doors made of mvuli or recovered Swahili double doors. The windows are all mvuli with built in metal grills for extra security.
- Roof – the roof covering is tactile Aluzinc tiles with a reflective foil underneath that keep the house cool.
- Water – 3 x 5,000 litre tanks are connected to Kwale Water. Rainwater collection also flows into these tanks. A further 5,000 litre tank catches rain water for garden use. Water is on a pressure pump system and there is a 210 litre solar hot water system.
- Power: mains, 3 phase connection.
- Staff accommodation – 2 rooms plus a bathroom with outdoor cooking facilities.
- 3 stables which could be converted easily to a car port or further storage.
- A small store
- A large enclosed shed, currently used for storage / workshop. Could be altered to provide guest accommodation.
- Plot is walled with coral blocks with a bougainvillea hedge on the inside and plenty of indigenous trees in the garden including 4 baobabs of various ages.
- 5 Raised beds for vegetable garden to side of house.
- Scope for installing a swimming pool if required in front of the house with ease with an approximate cost of Ksh1M -3M depending on size
1 acre leasehold – 99 year lease from 1.07.1992
Asking price: Ksh45M unfurnished ** Under Offer**