This piece of land is located only 5 kms away from the Kwale Junction tucked away in the Shimba Hills/Matuga area but only a few hundred metres from the tarmac. There is 2 bedroom house with pool, workshops, campgrounds with facilities, bandas, stores, laundry with lots of fruit trees.
The plot has been well cared for for 30 years leaving many beautiful indiginous trees
The sale is for 2.5acres of the whole plot of 5 acres (or you can opt to purchase the whole plot – see here) The development was completed in 2018.
2 Bedroom ‘Owners Villa’
- Approx. 170sqm living space with an open plan sitting and kitchen downstairs with an en-suite bathroom and upstairs is a large en suite bedroom with a/c
- Covered verandah overlooking the saltwater pool with waterfall
- 4 bandas, 6 campsites for vehicles and approx.. 10 places for tents, all with their own electricity and individual lighting.
- Laundry room/ Camp Kitchen
- Shower and toilet facilities for ladies and gents
- Large workshop (approx. 200m2) with car repair zone and parking spaces under roof for 3 vehicles
- SQ for 2
- Inclusive of lots of equipment from garden tools to hundreds of meters of pipes, lawn mower to wood-working tools and much more.
- Connections to 230V AC and 400V AC
The borehole and water distribution centre is on the other side of the whole plot, however, you can either organize with the owner of the other side to either share the costs and use their water or dig your own well.
The Borehole water (130 metres deep), very fresh and tested at KEBS as excellent quality with lots of minerals and 7.5PH. There is a central water distribution over the whole property with redundant pressure pump system “Grundfos”. All pipes (over 2km) in PPR quality, water taps all over the property.
- 3-phase power supply of Kenya Power as well as own ‘like new’ diesel generator “Cummins” 15 KVA
- guest rooms and owners cottage equipped with RCCB life-savers (protection against electric shock)
- The most attractive part of this property to many guests is the tropical gardens with hundreds of matured trees, plants, shrubs, flowers and fruit-trees.
- The permaculture/organic garden has a tree-nursery with over 1,000 young trees (2 varieties of coconut palm trees, grapefruit and lemon trees) with drip water pipes
- Approx. 120 coconut trees, 50 mango trees, 50 citrus trees (grapefruit, orange, lime, lemon) and other fruit trees such as guava, sapodilla (chikoo), carambola, mandarin, jackfruit, passion fruit, etc.)
Most of the furniture and equipment included apart from workshop items, a few pieces of furniture and personal items including much of the artwork although these are for sale if required.
The actual size of the plot after the survey is 5.26 acres although the title deed shows it as 4.4 acres.
The latest improvements to this property are all high quality such as German quality stainless steel door handles and hinges etc, taps, metres, pumps, locks, kitchen equipment. Most of the plumbing is new with PPR pipes.
Price: Ksh30M Freehold. The plot is approx. 2.5 acres of a 5 acre property and you can purchase either shares in the company or it can be subdivided. Alternatively, you can purchase the whole 5 acres for Ksh70M Please see here for other side of plot with lodge