This piece of land is located only 5 kms away from the Kwale Junction tucked away in the Shimba Hills/Matuga area. The plot has been well cared for for 30 years leaving many beautiful indigenous and fruit trees in tact and the current owner has developed it further into several parts, completely refurbishing the older lodge sitting area and building the rest brand new in 2018, such as:
- In one area there is an ‘eco-boutique lodge’ with 4 en suite bedrooms, large sitting room with several different seating areas, swimming pool, large commercial kitchen and stores.
- In another area there is a campground with 4 banda’s as well as approx. 6 campsites for vehicles and approx. 10 places for tents. All with their own electricity and individual lighting. There is a room for laundry and a camping kitchen, office and shower/toilet facilities
- ‘Workshop area’ which is a large covered area for workshops with a store and room on the side. This can complement stays for day workshops or overnight high end (staying in the eco-lodge) or low end (staying in the campsite)
- Private 2 bedroom ‘owners villa’ with own pool
- Large workshop with room for 3 cars, stores, SQ for 2
1. Eco-boutique lodge details
- Large seating area with a mezzanine floor
- Office area
- Verandah to the front
- Swimming pool surrounded by foilage; separate ladies & gents
- Large, commercial kitchen fully equipped, various new freezers and refrigerators, storerooms/storage rooms
- 3 en suite bedrooms with 1 cottage en suite in a separate building. All rooms with ceiling fans.
- Solar hot water for main building + cottage
2. Campground details
- 4 bandas, 6 campsites for vehicles and approx.. 10 places for tents, all with their own electricity and individual lighting.
- Laundry room/ Camp Kitchen
- Shower and toilet facilities for ladies and gents
3. Art Studio for Workshops/classes area
- approx. 200sqm covered but open area for workshops/classes/conferences
- Store and room on the side currently used as a massage/therapist room including massage bed
4. 2 Bedroom ‘Owners Villa’
- Approx. 170sqm living space with an open plan sitting and kitchen downstairs with an en-suite bathroom and upstairs is a large en suite bedroom with a/c
- Covered verandah overlooking the pool
- Large workshop (approx. 200m2) with car repair zone and parking spaces under roof for 3 vehicles
- Inclusive of lots of equipment from garden tools to hundreds of meters of pipes, lawn mower to wood-working tools and much more.
- Connections to 230V AC and 400V AC
Borehole water (130 metres deep), very fresh and tested at KEBS as excellent quality with lots of minerals and 7.5PH. There is a central water distribution over the whole property with redundant pressure pump system “Grundfos”. All pipes (over 2km) in PPR quality, water taps all over the property.
- 3-phase power supply of Kenya Power as well as own ‘like new’ diesel generator “Cummins” 15 KVA
- guest rooms and owners cottage equipped with RCCB life-savers (protection against electric shock)
- The most attractive part of this property to many guests is the tropical gardens with hundreds of matured trees, plants, shrubs, flowers and fruit-trees.
- The permaculture/organic garden has a tree-nursery with over 1,000 young trees (2 varieties of coconut palm trees, grapefruit and lemon trees) with drip water pipes
- Approx. 120 coconut trees, 50 mango trees, 50 citrus trees (grapefruit, orange, lime, lemon) and other fruit trees such as guava, sapodilla (chikoo), carambola, mandarin, jackfruit, passion fruit, etc.
Most of the furniture and equipment included apart from workshop items, a few pieces of furniture and personal items including much of the artwork although these are for sale if required.
The actual size of the plot after the survey is 5.26 acres although the title deed shows it as 4.4 acres.
The latest improvements to this property are all high quality such as German quality stainless steel door handles and hinges etc, taps, metres, pumps, locks, kitchen equipment. Most of the plumbing is new with over 2000 metres of PPR pipes.
Price: Euro580,000 (approx.. Ksh66M)
A sub-division and sale of part of the property is also open to negotiation. The part with the lodge is Ksh35M and the part with the private house, workshops and campsite is Ksh25M