A very special plot with a variety of different indigenous trees, cash crops and a Mediterranean style farmhouse with stunning views of the ocean and surrounding Shimba Hills area.
The plot has a seasonal river, natural spring and a fresh water well of 1.5 metres deep.
Ideal for those who enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside and keen to grow various crops. Plot is fenced with posts and wire fencing, beacons and Title Deed.
- Farmhouse with 2 en suite bedrooms, large sitting room, farmhouse style kitchen, verandah, rooftop terrace. Approx. 170sqm excluding rooftop terrace. The house is situated on the highest point at the top of a hill with spectacular views overlooking the ocean. There are 360 degree views from the rooftop terrace of the Shimba Hills where you can enjoy both the sunrises and the sunsets. The only remaining work to do is the plumbing of which the pipes are already bought, together with if some of the finishing of the interior, but the house is currently being lived in.
- Rainwater harvester & store: 120sqm. Rainwater catchment with 18,000 litres storage in 3 tanks.
- Second accommodation: 35sqm room with makuti roof
- Servants’ quarters and store: 30sqm with separate store area made of mud and wattle. Outdoor shower. Rainwater collected off mabati roof into 2 tanks of 3,000 litre and 2,000 litres.
- Animal shed / open store: Solidly built from heavy logs with a pitched mabati roof and a half concreted floor sloped to collect cow urine. 44sqm
- Forest area of approx. 8 acres covered with mature trees comprising CASHEW, MANGO AND MANY INDIGINOUS SPECIES, including MKELEKELE, BAMBAKOFI, MPINGO, MCHANI & MVULE. Most of this forested area has been left unmanaged, although some of the cashew trees could be brought into production.
- Many indigenous trees and crops have been planted since 2015 around the plot and some were already on the plot such as: Sisal, Banana, Coconut, Bixa, Passion fruit, Tangarines & Limes, Guava & Pawpaw, cashew nuts.
- Water: Seasonal river and a natural spring that has water for much of the year. Rainwater catchment with a total of 23,000 litres in several tanks. Rain water harvester with capacity to collect 1000 litres per cm of rainfall fresh water well (Only 1.5 metres deep)
- Power: a rudimentary, solar powered lighting scheme. The mains power is close by at about 700 metres if you would like to connect to the grid.
- Location: Approx 10kms inland, about a 40-50 minute drive from Diani Beach
- Views: There are magnificent views and vistas all round, to the south and east the coastal plain and the Indian Ocean coastline, to the north and west the rolling hills of Shimba, including the National reserve.
- Boundary: Fully fenced on 3 sides with a riparian boundary on the fourth. Beacons in place.
- Driveway – Compacted Marram with drainage channels from the boundary.
- WILDLIFE: Birds spotted include Humming birds, Eagles, Hawks, Ibis, Paraqueets, Hornbills, Bee Eaters among many other species.
- Occasional guests to the farm are: Antelopes, wild pigs, Bush babies, Civet Cats, Hyrax, the occasional Sykes Monkey, Hares and the ubiquitous Grey Squirrel
Call +254(0)725 341917, +254(0)734 331023 or email email@example.com